‘Ban ANC on TV debates’
I guess it's entertainment.
THE DA wants the ANC banned from SABC election debates after supporters of the two parties clashed in Johannesburg after the latest TV show.
DA MP Ian Davidson said supporters of his party were assaulted with pipes and bricks by ANC supporters outside the University of Johannesburg, where the debate was taking place, on Sunday night.
He said: ‘‘The DA will write today to the SABC … requesting that the ANC be banned with immediate effect from taking part in the SABC election debate series.’’
The debates are screened on SABC2.
The ANC played down the incident, saying that the DA should report the alleged attack to the police if it had evidence.
Davidson said ANC supporters began misbehaving even before the show started when DA supporters were prevented from taking seats in parts of the hall where the debate was to be staged.
‘‘As a number of DA supporters took their seats, they were blocked by ANC supporters who sang ‘Block them this side, block them that side … we want to kill these dogs.’”
It’s time white South Africans accepted defeat
15 March 2009
Musa Xulu writes that the DA still harbours hopes of taking SA back to the ugly years of minority domination
It is time that white South Africa accepted defeat and move with the times
The title of this article was inspired in part by the recent article which was written by Mr. Thula Bopela (see here) and largely by events which I have seen unfold over the last 15 years. These events have led me to conclude that Whites in general will never accept that they lost power, especially to a so called lesser race in intellect or that they are under a Black led government which is not going anywhere, anytime soon. The veteran comrade made a compelling argument in his article whose sentiments I fully agree with hence I decided to advise my White counterparts and fellow Black people who are in their pockets that the game is over.
Posted in News
Tagged ANC, blacks, DA, Government, Hellen Zille, musa xulu, racist, South Africa, Thula Bopela, whites, Zuma
Malema, the pillock, has the balls (although lacks the literacy skills) to file a complaint against Lekota for “inflammatory public utterances”. Coming from the man who proudly chanted “kill for Zuma” from many a podium in the past year, we find it all a bit rich.
The following is taken from a statement to the Human Rights Commission “by” Malema on behalf of the ANCYL:
The African National Congress Youth League requests the South African Human Rights Commission to make an urgent intervention on the recurrent statements and public utterances of Mr. Patrick Lekota, the founder member of the splinter rebel political movement, recently resolved by a Convention at the Sandton Convention Centre. In his many interviews and public utterances, including on the interview with Kaya FM on the 30th of October 2008, Mr. Lekota has said that the leadership of the ANC and ANC YL will kill anyone who does not vote for ANC President Jacob Zuma in the 2009 General Elections.
In the statement the ANC YL jointly released on the 3rd of July 2008, it was clearly stated “Mr Malema appreciated the criticism levelled against him for using the word “kill” and recognizes that the word could have been interpreted differently.
A man that needs some introduction.
Quoted from Wikipedia:
Motlanthe is a shareholder of Pamodzi Investment Holdings. In February 2006, auditors revealed that a total of about R2 billion in loans by the Land Bank, a government institution established to help farmers, had gone sour. Earlier, a R800 million (about $112 million) 10 year loan had been given to Pamodzi. This amounted to nearly one-third of the Land Bank’s total assets, and was a non-agricultural investment.
Ladies and gentlemen, we give you the new President of South Africa – Kgalema Motlanthe.
Thank you to those of you that began sending insight on the collapse of the Mbeki administration over the weekend. It’s a dog-show, to be sure. Some of the most unsettling content we received came from The Times regarding SMS conversations going on during the NEC meeting that forced Mbeki out of the presidency yesterday. Read it and weep for you nation.
Julius “shoottokill” Malema may be planning a surprise party. Amidst the Mbeki vs. ANC fiasco, reports have been circulating around Malema’s plans to lead a break-away party in opposition to the ANC.
News can be pretty dark these days, but there’s good news from sagoodnews.co.za.